Children in Sonoma County from the prenatal stage to age five will develop to their fullest potential.
The mission of First 5 Sonoma County is to maximize the healthy development of all Sonoma County children from the prenatal stage through age five through support, education and advocacy.
- Children must be appreciated for who they are now as well as who they will become.
- Experiences in the first five years have a critical and long lasting impact on a child’s developing brain.
- Families are their children’s first teacher.
- All children, regardless of language, culture, or special needs, have the right to access the entire spectrum of services that support their development.
- The entire community benefits from providing all children with the opportunity to reach their fullest potential.
- Early intervention and prevention services are essential investments of resources.
The First 5 Sonoma County Commission’s investments are aligned with the following Foundational Principles, which are grounded in current research and aligned with the statewide First 5 Network Strategy:
Download our 2021-2025 Strategic Plan Update (PDF)