First 5 Sonoma County Seeks Community Leaders to fill Vacancy on the First 5 Commission
The First 5 Sonoma County Commission, on behalf of the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors, is seeking interested candidates to apply to fill upcoming vacancies on the Commission.
Eligible candidates must represent one of the following categories and have a deep understanding of how they intersect with and support the needs of children, birth to five years old and their families in Sonoma County:
An individual representing an organization focused on parenting, and/or early childhood development:
- that values supporting the healthy and positive development of children
- with an understanding of the importance of a whole child, whole family approach
An individual from the private sector which includes but is not limited to businesses, business associations, chambers of commerce, entrepreneurs, sole proprietors, trade or labor unions:
- with a passion for advancing Family-friendly workplace policies
- with a desire to strengthen the relationships between the business and early childhood sectors
A representative of the Child Care Planning Council or a Resource & Referral Agency:
- with a desire to advance and advocate for a more equitable child care system that meets the diverse needs of children, families, and the workforce
- that elevates parent, guardian, and caregiver voice
An Educator specializing in early childhood development including but not limited to Child Care Providers, Preschool teachers, early childhood professors, facilitators, and paraprofessionals:
- with a commitment to advancing social justice and equity for young children and diverse communities
- with knowledge of trauma informed care and culturally responsive practices
This recruitment also prioritizes the Commission’s goal of increasing representation of Black, Indigenous and other people of color in the governance of First 5 Sonoma County as members of the Commission. Please review the following Commissioner description outlining roles and responsibilities, and complete the application through this Google Form or return via email to Kathleen Natividad at email@example.com February 3, 2023 by 5 PM.