Quality Counts: What is Quality Care?
We know you want the best for your child! When you choose high quality care, it makes a big difference in how well your child does in school and later in life. Research shows that high quality child care programs have certain characteristics in common and looking for these characteristics can help you determine the most nurturing and stimulating environment for your child.
Quality Programs Offer:
- A safe environment that was planned for a child's learning
- Teachers who have continuing education and training
- Teaching through engaging activities that help your child develop and learn
Why Quality Matters
In your child's first 5 years, their brains will develop more than at any other time in their life. That's why it's important your child gets the best early care and education possible during these years.
Research Shows that Children in Quality Early Learning Programs:
- Will be better readers
- Will get better grade in school
- Are more likely to graduate from high school and go to college
Need assistance finding a program?
Contact our California Resource and Referrals Centers for Sonoma County.