Parent Voices Leadership Academy Accepting Applications
Published: December 27, 2016
Parent Voices Sonoma is recruiting parents for the Leadership Academy - a six-week program that will develop skills and knowledge and prepare them to participate and engage in advocating for their child and community. Participants must demonstrate sincere commitment and a clear understanding of program expectations. Participants must commit to attending all workshops offered as part of the Leadership Academy. Six sessions will be delivered by a full day retreat in January and five monthly sessions from February to June.
Participants will gain:
- Advocacy and leadership skills to advocate on behalf of their child(ren) in various settings.
- An increase of knowledge and understanding of (local & state) public policy and basics in community organizing.
- Confidence and empowerment to participate in public speaking in various settings and take action in community engagement.
No cost to enroll!
Incentives upon completion!
- Saturday, January 28, 2017 9am-3pm (light breakfast and lunch provided)
- Wednesday. February 22, 2017 6-8:30pm (Dinner and child care provided)
- Wednesday, March 29, 2017 6-8:30pm (Dinner and child care provided)
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6-8:30pm (Dinner and child care provided)
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017 6-8:30pm (Dinner and child care provided)
- Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6-8:30pm (Dinner and child care provided)
Spanish translation available upon request. Enrollment is limited and requires parents to apply for acceptance into the Academy.
Apply now: www.sonoma4cs.org
Questions?(707) 522-1413 x133
Parent Voices is a parent-led, parent-run grassroots organization fighting to make quality child care accessible and affordable for all families.