FREE Breastfeeding Support Training - This October
Published: July 29, 2016
Would you like to strengthen your skills to support clients with their breastfeeding goals?
Sonoma County WIC is offering a free training! This five class series is designed to build a foundation for effective breastfeeding support.
Classes are free and start in October.
- October 6th, Thursday, 8:30 to 1:30 at the Sonoma County WIC Conference Room
- October 13th, Thursday, 8:30 to 1:30 at the Sonoma County WIC Conference Room
- October 18, Tuesday, 8:30 to 1:30 at the Sonoma County WIC Conference Room
- October 25, Tuesday, 8:30 to 1:30 at the Sonoma County WIC Conference Room
- October 27, Thursday, 8:30 to 1:30 at the Sonoma County WIC Conference Room
Topics covered include:
- Milk Production
- Infant cues
- Medications and herbal remedies
- Early breastfeeding problems
- Sore nipples
- Plugged ducts
- Expressing milk
- Cultural considerations
- When to refer to an IBCLC
- Much, much more!
Must attend all 5 sessions!
Early Enrollment is advised due to limited class size!
To sign up or to ask questions, contact Susie McCulloch at (707) 565-6584.
Susie McCulloch, BA IBCLC, has been a Lactation Consultant for 14 years. She worked in the hospital setting before coming to work for WIC 10 years ago. She is the WIC Breastfeeding Coordinator as well as the Coordinator of the WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program. In 2015, Sonoma County WIC was the recipient of the USDA Gold Premiere Award of Breastfeeding Excellence. She is the Chairperson of the Sonoma County Breastfeeding Coalition.